Scheduling allows you to send automated report to your clients, for example monthly, weekly of even daily. Setting up a schedule consists of three steps:
- Choosing the date range
- Composing a message
- Configuring rules
To start creating a schedule, click the Schedule report button in the draft report:
1. Choose date range
When you start creating a schedule, you're first prompted to setup the following date range settings:
- Start sending: The date and time you want to start sending your report. Select the start date by clicking the calendars above this option.
- Stop sending: The date you want to stop sending the report. (Optional)
- Interval: The sending interval. For example, if you want to send a report monthly, select Every 1 month.
- Date range: The date range you want the exports to be about. For example, if you want to send monthly reports about the previous month, select Previous month
- Timezone: The timezone the above settings will apply to. For example, if you have a client overseas and you want to send the report at 8am their time, you can change the timezone to their timezone to ensure of this.
Fixed start date
Additionally, we're testing an option that allows you to select a fixed start date as date range for the exports. This means that every time the report is sent, its date range will be that fixed start date until now. If you're interested in this option, send us a message through the chat, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Compose message
Click on the blue Next: Compose message button to start entering details for the email that is sent out with the export. There, you'll see the following fields:
- From: The from email address. Only email addresses from active users in the team can be used. Want to use a different email address? Read here how to achieve this.
- To: The email address(es) to send the email to. When clicking this, the contact email from the client connected to the report is shown. This allows you to quickly setup the schedule for your client. You can also add additional email addresses by simply typing them in the To field.
- CC Bcc Reply-to: Clicking this will allow you to add CC, BCC and Reply-to email addresses.
- Subject: The email subject. If you've selected an email template, this will automatically be filled with the text from that template. Read more about email templates here.
- Template: The email template to use for the email. Click this to select an email template, or to save your current email as an email template for reuse in other emails/schedules. Read more about email templates here.
- Insert logo: Instert a logo to the header of your email. This can be the team logo, client logo or a custom logo you can upload on the spot. Click here to read more about team and client logos.
- Insert signature: Insert your personal email signature. If you don't have an email signature yet, clicking this will allow you to set one up. Note that the signature can only contain text, no images.
- "Online report as link": Select the export format of the report. This defaults to the export format setup for your report, in the case of the screenshot "Online report as link". More info about different export formats are available and their differences can be found here.
- "Type your email text here...": This contains the email content. Write the message you want to send along with your report export. If you've selected an email template, this will automatically be filled with the text from that template. Read more about email templates here.
Once you're done setting up the email, you can choose to save the schedule like this with the green Done button, or go on to the optional last step to setup send rules.
3. Configure rules (optional)
Click on the blue Optionally: Configure rules button. There you'll be able to setup rules that define when you don't want your report to be sent out. To add a rule, click the green Add a rule button:
A first rule will then appear for you to setup. The possible options for the rules are visualised below:
The rules look at the KPI targets that are setup in your report. Based on what you setup in these options and whether the KPI targets are bad, dangerous or good it will not sent:
- Good (green): The KPI value is less than or equal to 100% of the targeted value
- Dangerous (orange): The KPI value has exceeded the targeted value
- Bad (red): The KPI value has exceeded the target with at least 20%
Go back or save
Once you're done with setting everything up, you can always go back steps with the Previous buttons at the bottom of the dropdown, or by clicking on the step at the top:
To save your schedule, click the green Done button.
Pause your schedule
If at any point, you want to pause the schedule, click on the schedule at the right side of the draft report:
There, at the top you'll find an On/Off switch. Click that, to change it to Off and pause the schedule. Then click Done to save this change. The schedule will then be paused until you unpause it again.
Delete your schedule
To delete your schedule, hover over it on the right side of the report. A trashcan icon will appear. Click that to delete the schedule.
A popup will appear asking you if you're sure you want to delete the schedule. This to make sure you don't accidentally remove schedules you still want to use. If you're sure, click the blue Delete schedule button and the schedule will be deleted.
To see an overview of all your schedules, go to Reports in the left hand menu. There click on Schedules to see an overview of all schedules in the team:
You can also edit the schedule from this overview. To do this, click the next send time of the schedule you want to edit:
The schedule settings popup will open where you'll be able to setup the schedule the same way as explained in the rest of this article.