If you clicked on this article you probably just created an account with Swydo and for that, I say: Welcome!
We prepared the following list of steps we consider are the best and easiest in order for you to create a great report:
- Create a client
- Connect a data source
- Create a report or dashboard
- Add a widget
- Fine-tune the widget
- Share the report or dashboard
Step 1: Create a client
Click on the Clients tab in the Left-side menu. There, click on Add a client to start creating a client. A client is just a bucket to nicely organize, you guessed it, clients!. Clients can be Agency clients, internal clients, Franchisees, you name it. Fill the Client's information in the pop-up window:
- Name: Give the client the name that you like
- Description: Add a description for your client
- Email: Add a contact email for your client
Note that all of these fields are optional, so you don't have to fill them in at this point. You can also add them at a later moment. Once you're done with the fields, click Create client.
Step 2: Connect default data source
A data source is a source where Swydo gets the data from. It usually has two parts, the data provider, like Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook, etc, and the actual source, we call it scope, like a specific Google Analytics profile. At the right side of your screen, you'll find the following box:
In there, click on the Connect a data source button. A popup appears in which you can select a data source from one of the available providers.
Connect a data provider
First select the provider you want to connect to your client. You'll then be prompted to add a connection for that data provider.
Click on one of the "Add an account" buttons to start adding your connection. Follow the provided steps and make sure you accept all permissions asked for.
Choose a data source
Once that's done, you'll see the connected account appear in your screen and it's available sources select the correct data source for your client and click "Save data source" at the top right.
Step 3: Create a report or dashboard
You can create a report by clicking on the blue report text at the top of the client's detail page:
A pop-up will appear with the following fields to enter details about the report:
- Name: Give the report the name that you like.
- Client: This will fill automatically in, but you can choose a different client if necessary or create a new client.
- Project: Use this to divide your reports into projects to have more structure in your account.
- Template: If you already have a template for your report, please choose the right template in this section.
Once you've set up everything you want to set up, click Create report to create your report.
Note that all of these fields are optional, so you don't have to fill them in at this point. You can also add them at a later moment.
Read more about creating a client and creating report templates here!
Step 4: Add a widget
Once the report is created, you can start adding widgets to it. There are two types of widgets:
Widget: Table or chart, for showing one or more metrics.
KPI: Key Performance Indicator, for showing a single metric.
Choose whether you want to add a Widget or KPI by clicking Add a first widget or Add a first KPI in the newly created reports.
A popup will open showing all of our integrations and the data sources you added to your client in step 2. Click on one of your client's data sources and a list of predefined widgets for that integration will be shown.
The name of the widget hints at the visualization of the widget. Widgets ending with "performance" are tables, widgets named after a metric, e.g. "Clicks", are charts. Choose the widget you want to add.
Step 5: Fine-tune your widget
In the widget settings that show after selecting a widget, you'll see the following tabs appear:
- Date range: Setup a custom date range and (optional) compare date range for the widget.
- Presentation: Here you can change the title of the widget and the visualization.
- Dimensions & Metrics: Select the dimensions and metrics you want to show in your widget, and change the way the widget's sorted.
- Filters: Choose to filter the data shown in your widget.
- Target (only for KPIs): Add a target to your KPI, so you can show your client whether the status of the target.
Once you're done, click Save settings and you'll see your widget appear in your report.
Step 6: Share the report
After you have added all widgets and KPIs to make your report look perfect, you can share the report as a Dashboard, an Online Report, or as a PDF and send it directly to your client. To do this, click on one of the share buttons at the top right of the report:
A notification will appear, notifying you of the status. Once done, the notification will show buttons based on the export type you chose, with which you can show, email, or download your report.
Still need help after reading this article?
Please explore our help center further or reach out to our support team (email@example.com). You can also schedule a demo to get an answer to all your questions
The Swydo team