It can happen that your reports contain keywords such as "Content" or "Automatic content." These keywords are generated through the Google Ads display network and do not utilize traditional keywords. These keywords contain clicks and impressions, as seen below:
Even though you don't have any display campaign running, Google still runs your ads on their Display network. Any keyword from the display network will be displayed as "automatic content" or "content" since this is how Google Ads sends the information through the API.
However, you can filter out these keywords.
- Go to the settings of your widget.
- Click on the filter tab and click on add filter:
3. Add the filter Keyword ID:
4. Select Exclude:
5. And search for "AutomaticContent."
6. Click on "Save settings."
You have successfully excluded the keywords from your keyword performance widget.