An issue within Instagram is causing a known issue where after connecting an Instagram Insights account, some users might not be able to see all of their Instagram business accounts available to select. This can sometimes be resolved by resetting the app permissions.
Before following the steps, make sure you meet the following conditions:
- The Instagram account must be an Instagram Business Account. Is the page a Personal account? Read here how to set up it to a Business Account.
- The Instagram account must be linked to an active Facebook Page. How to do this is explained here. Note that you might need to claim the Page before you can connect it. If this is the case for you, read here how to do this!
- The Instagram account must use Facebook user authentication rather than Instagram user authentication.
- The Facebook user account must have admin access to the linked Facebook page.
If you didn't meet the above-mentioned requirements, make sure you do and then refresh your Instagram's data sources. To do this, when adding a new widget, click the "Refresh" button next to the data source selector:
If afterwards your page still doesn't show up, continue to the next chapter to follow the workaround steps.
Reset the App Permissions
- Log into Facebook with the account that was used to authorise the Instagram connector.
- Go to the Business Integration settings (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools)
- In the "Active" section, find the "Swydo" option.
- Check the box next to that and then click the Remove button. If there are multiple listed, click "edit" to see which one's the one for your Instagram connection. Remove only that one, as the other one is used for your Facebook connections. Removing that one will require you to reauthorise your Facebook connections in Swydo as well.
- Once the "Swydo" business integration has been removed, go back to Swydo.
- Go to the "Connections" page and click "Reauthorise" next to the Instagram Insights connection.
- Make sure to accept all permissions and provide access to all Instagram accounts and pages listed.
10. After accepting all of the permissions permissions and giving access to all of your pages, go to a report and try adding a widget again. This time, your missing Instagram page should show. If not, please contact us through the in-app chat, or by sending an email to email@example.com!