There are two ways to create a report in Swydo:
Using a report template
Note: Before you continue make sure to create a client and connect your active data sources so when you create your first report everything is connected properly.
If you need help creating your clients click here!
How to create a report from scratch
1. First, go to the Reports overview by clicking Reports in the left-hand menu and click on the green Create a report button to start creating your report.
2. A pop-up will appear where you are asked to create a blank report or choose a report template. We have some predefined templates waiting for you, but for now, choose the create a blank report.
3. If you have clients created then choose one, or create a new one:
4. Lastly, make sure the right data sources are connected, if so click on create report, if you are missing a source add the data source right away:
5. The next step is to add widgets to your report. Don't know how? Read more about it here!
How to create a report from a report template
The trial account includes report templates you can start using. To see them all go to the left side panel and click on Templates > Report templates:
You can click on any report template available or create a new one.
2. If you select an existing template you can customize it more by adding widgets or KPIs using the plus sign or you can create a report right away with the create report button:
3. You will be asked to select the client and then you need to decide if you want to have the new report linked to this template or not. If you choose the create linked report, every change you make to the template will affect the report:
Once you've set up everything you want, click on the Create report button, to create your report.
Check out some of the report features:
Preview: Switch the cover preview to see how it looks for Online reports and PDFs.
Add a logo: Add a logo to the cover page. You can choose between your account logo, client logo, or uploading one manually.
Edit the header: Choose to show/hide fields on the cover page/header for PDFs/online reports. More info about this can be found here!
- Create Online Report/PDF: Export your report as an Online report or PDF. Read more about these exports here.
- Send by e-mail: Export the report and send it by e-mail.
- Schedule report: Schedule the report so it's automatically sent out through e-mail with a time interval, e.g. every month. Read more about scheduling here.
- Create Online Report/PDF: Export your report to Online report or PDF. Read more about these exports here.
- Save as template: Save the current report as a report template, so you can create more reports similar to this. Click here to read more about report templates.
- Copy report: Create a copy of the report.
Report language: Change the language of the report. This influences the widgets and metrics in the report. Read more about this here.
Date range: Change the date range of the report. The date range will automatically roll with the current date, so if you set your date range to "Month to date" the date range will update so the report always shows the current month until today.
Compare date range: Change the comparison date range of the report. More info on the available options and how this influences the widgets in your report can be found here!
Main Author: The main author of the report. This is automatically set to the person that created the report but can be changed to the account manager of the client in each report afterward.
Client: The client connected to your report. Don't have a client yet? Click here to read more on how to create them!
Project: The project connected to your report. This option will show up if you've selected a client for the report. Projects are a great way to organize the work for your client.
Brand template: The brand template used for the report. Read more about brand templates and how to use them here.
Still, need help after reading this article?
Please explore our help center further or reach out to our support team (email@example.com). You can also schedule a demo to get an answer to all your questions
The Swydo team